Abigail has courtroom experience trying civil litigation cases before juries across the Central Illinois area. Other cases may resolve prior to the trial setting. Abigail has been trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) by the Northwestern Center on Negotiation & Mediation and Cook County Center for Dispute Resolution. She has experience resolving matters through traditional negotiated settlements, mediations, judicial court settlement conferences, and arbitrations. Abigail’s record also includes numerous successful summary judgment rulings by the court in her clients’ favor. Abigail has received the following awards: Peoria County Bar Association Young Lawyer Volunteer of the Year in 2016; 10th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee's Lawyer of the Year in 2018; 2020 Award as a part of the inaugural Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Honor Roll; Peoria Magazine's 40 Leaders Under 40; and, 2021 Illinois State Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year.
Outside of her work with the firm, Abigail enjoys traveling the world and spending time with her husband, Josh, her family, friends and her King Charles Cavalier dogs. She has extensive volunteer experience, including years of board service including as Executive Board Member for both Habitat for Humanity of Greater Peoria and the Peoria Area Illini Club. Abigail makes an ongoing commitment to give back by volunteering pro bono legal services through local and state-wide legal services programs for those in need. She also volunteers with programs at her alma mater, the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, and Northwestern University School of Law.
- Admitted to practice in Illinois state courts (2011) and Illinois federal court system - Central District of Illinois (2012).
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Assembly Member
- Peoria County Bar Association (PCBA)
- Pro Bono Committee
- Diversity Committee
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2011
- Editor, Northwestern University Journal of Law & Social Policy (JLSP)
- Trained in Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration by the Northwestern Center on Negotiation & Mediation and Cook County Center for Dispute Resolution (CCR)
Focus Practice Areas
- General Trial Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Premises Liability – Trip and Fall
- Automobile Liability
- Personal Injury
- Probate Approvals for Minors
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Emotional Distress
- Products Liability